British Drone Industry Digidapter Plug & Play Analog Adapter DJI Digital FPV System
The Digidapter is probably the most perfect solution at the moment to operate your DJI FPV digital video goggles with analogue receivers. Ideal if you still have analog video receivers and don’t want to switch completely to digital right away. Compatible with existing modules – The Digidapter is compatible with existing analog modules. It has a standard 9 pin header for use with TBS Fusion, Foxxer Wildfire, Rapid Fire, True D-X, Eachine Pro58 and other modules.
The British Drone Industry Digidapter is easily plug and play with no soldering required.
Takes less than a minute to install and quickly and easily attaches to the front of your DJI FPV digital video goggles. Includes optional solder pads for a wireless solution.
- Dimensions 158x74x40mm 6,25x3x1,6 inch
- Weight 34g
- Packed weight 110g
- Ports 5.5mm x 2.1mm DC In 7.4v-17.6v (2s-4s)
- 4-pin 3.5mm video out
- 3-pin 3.5mm audio output
- 9-pin RF module receiver connector
- Cable 5.5mm x 2.1mm male to 5.5mm x 2.1mm female DC connector, 4-pin gold-plated 3.5mm video cable with 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male connector
- Maximum input voltage 17.6 volts DC
- Minimum input voltage 7.4 volts DC
- Nominal output voltage 5 volts DC
- Maximum module supply current 1.5 amps
- Rated continuous power 7.5 watts
- Material/Colour Matt black, injection moulded, acrylonitrile butadiene styrene
- 1 x Digidapter front panel
- 1 x Analogue video cable
- 1 x Dual DC/DC male to split DC female cable
- 1 x Allen key
- 2 x 12mm cap screws
What is Digidapter?
Digidapter is an analog module receiver adapter for DJI digital goggles that is compatible with modules that use a standard 9-pin receiver header, such as the RapidFIRE.
What modules are compatible?
You can use receiver modules that have a standard 9-pin receiver header. This includes modules such as RapidFIRE, Foxxer, Eachine Pro58, TBS Fusion and other 5.8Ghz/2.4Ghz modules.
What voltage is used?
The input voltage of the digidapter is between 7.4V and 17.6V DC ( 2s-4s LiPo) . The output is low noise 5V DC to the module bay.
Can the Digidapter work with my HV module?
Yes, the Digidapter’s supply is capable of providing sufficient current for all receivers on the market today, with a maximum current of 1.5A at 5V. The RapidFIRE module, for example, consumes ~350mA.All modules that previously required an additional flexible cable do not need this with the Digidapter.
Where are the cables routed?
The short 4-pin video cable runs from the top of the digidapter to the headphone jack on the DJI digital goggles.
The DC power cable is a two-way splitter and plugs into the center jack of the digidapter and the power jack of the DJI digital goggles. You can then connect your original power source to the splitter.
Can I use a separate battery for the digi-adapter?
The input voltage range of the digidapter is the same as the DJI digital goggles and can be powered from the same source as the DJI digital goggles using the supplied cable.
Note: When using a separate power source, the ground should be connected externally.
How can I see the image on the DJI video goggles?
To view the feed from the digi-adapter, you must switch the DJI Digital Goggles to AV IN mode; to do this, go to Settings and then select AV IN
Can I record video?
Yes, the recording functionality of the DJI Digital Goggles works with the digi-adapter. Please refer to DJI’s documentation for more details on recording.
All modules should snap firmly into the module slot.
Will my module fit in the slot of the digidapter?
We have found some variation in shape, dimensions, and fit among the various receiver modules we have tested, and some modules may need to be modified, removed, and/or padded to achieve a perfect fit.
- Use the included 1.5mm Allen wrench to remove the front cover of your DJI digital goggles.
- Use the 2 screws provided to attach the digidapter to the video goggles, do not over tighten these screws.
- Connect your module, see module specific notes for more information on specific modules
- Connect the included video and power cables from the digidapter to the DJI Digital Goggles.
- Connect your 7.4v-17.6v (2s-4s) to the split cable.
- Go to settings and select AV in using the controls on your DJI Digital Goggles
You are ready to fly!
In testing, we have found that this module (Furious True-D X) works poorly with the DJI FPV Goggles on early firmware versions. Please make sure you update to the latest version available to ensure compatibility. Then please update before.